Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's always something...

The hired help has done their job and are gone. We spent quite a bit of time and labor to work along side with them. I had to be watchful so that the work got done correctly. It was physically hard. I discovered today that the underground electrical wiring to the low-voltage outdoors lighting system was cut accidentally. I wish that the worker had noticed it and made the cut location known. Now I have to dig up the finished yard to locate the damage section of the wiring to fix it. The workers were good but still not as careful as I would like. I am glad that I did some measurement to prevent the installation of flagstone slabs outside the basement windows; if it was done we may not be able to open the windows [especially when it snows] since the slabs would have blocked them. Some sprinkler heads were caked with cement which was used by the workers to fix the front steps. I will have to drill a couple of holes on the bottom of the drain since its shallow bottom does not empty all rain water which can be a mosquito breeding ground. Oh, well. We still have to spend quite a bit of time this and next several weeks to clean up the yard and add shrubs.